July 30, 2021
The HarmonyOS website is a one-stop platform provided by Huawei Device Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Huawei", "we", "us", or "our") that allows you to develop HarmonyOS apps and devices. Huawei takes your personal information and privacy seriously, and is committed to taking appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in accordance with relevant laws and established industry security standards.
● Huawei provides project management and product certification services. To use these services, you must complete identity verification. Your devices can only join Huawei's smart hardware ecosystem after passing our certification.
● The DevEco Marketplace service enables you to customize industry-specific HarmonyOS solutions, and download and publish bundles or industry-specific solutions. To publish bundles or industry-specific solutions, you must complete identity verification.
● Information about product certification, after being disassociated from your HUAWEI ID, will be retained and used to check whether devices on the live network have been certified.
1. How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
Huawei provides you with a login service through a unified domain name. We will collect your HUAWEI ID and country/region code to determine where to deploy your services. We will also collect your browser language settings to determine language settings on the HarmonyOS website. In addition, you can view your nickname and profile picture after you have logged in to the HarmonyOS website.
To use the project management service and product certification service, and to publish bundles or industry-specific solutions by using the DevEco Marketplace service, you must complete identity verification. You authorize us to obtain your identity information that you have registered with HUAWEI Developers
Project Management Service
Huawei provides the project management service for you to create and view projects. We will collect and use your HUAWEI ID, enterprise name, and identity information that you have registered with HUAWEI Developers, and associate them with your projects.
Product Certification Service
Huawei provides you with the product certification service. We will collect and use your HUAWEI ID, name, contacts, email address, express delivery information, product self-test reports, and identity information, and associate them with your certification application. We will collect records of your key operations when you integrate smart hardware devices with certification projects and execute processes, including records of your HUAWEI ID and app usage information.
Development Tool Download Service
Huawei provides you with the development tool download service. When you use this service, we will collect your download records, including your HUAWEI ID and the development tools you download.
DevEco Marketplace Service
The DevEco Marketplace service enables you to customize industry-specific HarmonyOS solutions, and download and publish bundles or industry-specific solutions. When you customize an industry-specific solution or publish a bundle or industry-specific solution, Huawei will collect your IP address, HUAWEI ID, bundle or industry-specific solution information, and download records to collect the number of bundle or industry-specific solution downloads. You can view the bundles or industry-specific solutions that you have created in My profile. The released software packages are displayed by category in the DevEco Marketplace for users to search for and download.
When you log in to the DevEco Marketplace for the first time, the DevEco Marketplace assigns a unique invitation code to you. Other users can enter your invitation code to invite you to an organization to build HarmonyOS bundles or industry-specific solutions. After sending you an invitation, members in the organization can view your nickname and profile picture. You may choose to accept or reject the invitation. By joining the organization and completing certification, you will be granted the permission to publish bundles or industry-specific solutions in the name of the organization.
User Experience Improvement Service
To improve the service quality and your experience, we will collect information and system logs that you provide to us about your use of this website. The data will be anonymized and will not be associated with your personal information.
A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device, and the content of a cookie can be retrieved and read only by the server that created the cookie. Cookies are unique to the browser or mobile app that you are using. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters.
● Login and authentication: When you have logged in to the HarmonyOS website using a HUAWEI ID, cookies allow you to switch between pages without having to log in again on each page.
2. Minors Protection
If you are a child (a minor under the age of 14), your parent or legal guardian must agree to your use of this website, and agree to the applicable terms and conditions. Parents or legal guardians should also take appropriate precautions to protect minors, including monitoring their use of this website.
3. Manage Your Data
You may access, modify, and delete your personal information conveniently, and you have the right to withdraw your consent to your personal information being used. You may perform the following operations on the HarmonyOS website:
● Log in on the website and manage your registered information in account settings.
● Log in on the website and view, modify, or delete projects, certification applications, test reports, and other information.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions on your data subject rights, please contact us by filling in the form on the Privacy Questions page.
4. Data Storage Location and Retention Period
Your personal information will be sent to and stored on servers in the People's Republic of China.
We retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes defined in this Statement. Once the retention period expires, we will delete or anonymize your personal information, unless otherwise required by applicable laws and regulations.
Your personal data will be retained on the HarmonyOS website in accordance with the following rules:
● When you deregister your HUAWEI ID, any and all personal information related to your HUAWEI ID will be deleted immediately.
- - Information about product certification information, fter being disassociated from your HUAWEI ID, will be retained and used to check whether devices on the live network have been certified.
- - Information about an organization, bundle, or industry-specific solution, after being disassociated from your HUAWEI ID, will be retained so that other users can use this bundle or industry-specific solution to create their own bundles or industry-specific solutions.
● Records of using the product certification service and the DevEco Marketplace service will be retained for a maximum of six (6) months.
● We will retain the information about your projects, organizations, and associated contacts/members. You can delete the information about your projects and associated contacts/members at any time. If you want to delete the information about your organizations, please contact us by filling in the form on the Privacy Questions page.
In the event that we discontinue our products or services, we will notify you in the form of a push notification, announcement, or by other means, and delete or anonymize your personal information within a reasonable period of time.
5. How to Contact Us
We have a department (or specialists) dedicated to personal information protection that you may contact by visiting the Privacy Questions page. We will reply to you as soon as reasonably possible.
If you are not satisfied with the response you receive, especially if you feel that our processing or handling of your personal information has violated or infringed on your legal rights and/or interests, you may seek external resolution, whether by filing a lawsuit with the people's court in the relevant jurisdiction, submitting a complaint to the industry self-regulation association or relevant government regulatory agencies, or by other means.